Thursday, 26 September 2013
Thursday, 19 September 2013
Thursday, 12 September 2013
Saturday, 7 September 2013
Friday, 6 September 2013
+10 blogger points for spending an hour trying to photograph these and yet still getting THAT^ photo *sigh*. I was pretty excited to go out and buy these after I saw them on a few blogs. I'm glad the UK finally has a dupe for the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils in the same price bracket. These retail at £3.19 which I think?! is slightly higher than their American cousin. I line has 6 shades, all of which are really really wearable. I went for Hot Chocolate, a shimmery bronzey-brown and Vanilla Sky - a bright, almost-white, cream.
Tuesday, 3 September 2013
Whenever, I get very lazy and cannot be bothered to get my brows threaded I always end up plucking them. However, a lot of people tell me to always thread them as apparently, a mixture of the two is quite bad. Therefore I thought I'd tell everyone about the 'pros and cons' of threading, over on my blog GeorgiaaNicolaou, and the pros and cons of plucking, here on Rachael's beaut of a blog.
- Cheap: All you need to pluck your eyebrows is a pair of tweezers that will last you for ages.
- Hair grows back finer: You cant physically change the thickness of you hair, which is a common misconception that many people have. People think that if you thread your eyebrows or anything, your eyebrow hair will grow back thicker. This is wrong, as all you do is blunt the hair. However, when you pluck, you pull the hair away from the follicle, therefore it will grow back naturally.
- Duration: As you are pulling out the hair, it will obviously take longer for the hair to grow back.
- Aggressive: Some impatient people, like me, do not have the patience to pluck their eyebrows. Therefore, when I do pluck my eyebrows I do it very hurriedly and I end up irritating my skin.
- Duration: A different duration, this is time to actually pluck them wise. Lets admit it, it does take long to pluck your eyebrows as there is always that one little hair you spot just when you think you have finished.
- Shaping: It is really hard to shape your brows, especially when you have no clue where the arch is meant to go and when your brow is meant to start and finish. The picture above explains how to pluck.
Monday, 2 September 2013
Sunday, 1 September 2013
I'd imagine theres probably 10 thousand reviews on the Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balms by now, however, some of you were keen to know my thoughts so I figured I'd do a quick write up of my opinion on the Baby Lips Tinted Lip Balm in 'Pink Punch' - a buildable, mid-toned pink, gloss finish balm.
Personally, I was quite excited to see the UK release of the Baby Lips after the hype period over in the US. However, after I spied a few PRs I was quite disappointed to see 3 clear balms in the line of 6. In my eyes, you can buy a cheap, clear balm anywhere. It was the colour of the balm and the fun packaging which caused such a stir, so I don't quite understand why they chose to stagger the release of half a line of clear balms when there are other tinted shades still available in Asia.